Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conde Nast to Close Gourmet


Condé Nast to Close Gourmet, Cookie and Modern Bride
By Stephanie Clifford
Condé Nast will close Gourmet magazine, a magazine of almost biblical status in the food world, it was announced on Monday. Gourmet has been published since January 1941. Also being shut down are the Condé Nast magazines Cookie, Modern Bride and Elegant Bride, according to an internal company memo that also was sent to reporters on Monday.

NY Times Article

2 comments:

  1. So sad, I just started subscribing to Gourmet and have been making lots of recipes from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, remember when Gourmet and Bon Appetit were the ONLY cooking magazines out there away from the can of this and a box of that women's magazines?

    Over the years I've had far better culinary success with their Bon Appetit... although these days I cook more out of Fine Cooking. Gourmet's recipes always looked and sounded great but never quie made it in terms of my guests. By contrast, I return time and time again to my faves from Bon Appetit... so I guess, while it's the end of an era, I will happily survive now that there are so mnay other options out there.

    ReplyDelete