Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chocolate & Cherries {SMS}



Another great cookie by Melissa Murphy. The recipe for this week, Double Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies was chosen by Megan of My Baking Adventures. Click here for the recipe & a link to her Brownie Project blog that's filled with tons of chocolate morsels that you can sink your teeth into.


Tart cherries was the only item that I needed to purchase for this recipe. I always try to keep a stash of Scharffen Berger cocoa powder on hand in case I'm craving a pavlova, or a nice cup of hot chocolate during the winter months.

The cherries took this cookie to another level.
Tip: Resist the urge to cut the cherries. Leave them whole. It makes for a tasty, chewy surprise when you bite into a plump cherry.

I used Green & Black Organic 70% Dark Chocolate bar, chopped, instead of the semisweet chocolate chips that the recipe called for. It melted beautifully.

The next time that I make this cookie, oh, believe me, there will be a next time, I'll use a chocolate bar with Espresso. Mmmmm.....can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes - espresso would really amp up the flavor of these! I wish I'd thought of that!

    So glad you enjoyed them - and that you like The Brownie Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Chopping up good chocolate bars as opposed to plain chips makes cookies extra good. I love the idea of espresso with the cherries too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cookies look just like mine! I love the picture with the flowers in it. Very pretty. I have one of those Green & Black bars, so I'll have to put it to good use soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job- did the recipe say to chop the cherries? i didn't even notice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the cookies, great photo, love the flower. Your other posts are making me want a second dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I liked these cookies a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur cookies look wonderful! Weren't they delicious?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Raeann!

    How are you? Your cookies look fabulous, and I'm so glad you enjoyed them. Great idea to incorporate espresso... it would probably intensify the chocolate flavor even more!

    I'd love for you to stop by my site if you have a chance to check out my cookies as well. Have a wonderful rest of your week and I hope to talk to you again after the next SMS recipe postings :)

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete